In earlier days, the only option you were provided in the Lyft app was the request Lyft rides option. However, as many things have evolved, so as Lyft. There’re now different Lyft rides services available to the passengers, howbeit, the services differ from city to city. The big question that arise is the distinction between all the different Lyft services and when should they be used and how?
Request for Lyft rides depends upon the choice of ride you’re willing to take such as:
- A request for a Lyft will provide you with the option of travelling with a car having 4 seats.
- Request for Lyft XL will give you a car having the capacity to seat 6 or more passengers.
- A request for Lyft line will supply you with a sharing service for commuters who are willing to split the total cost of the ride with the strangers.
- Request for Lyft Premier and Lux will give you luxury service where you’ve to pay more for a nicer car.
HOW DO YOU CHOOSE BETWEEN DIFFERENT TYPES OF LYFT RIDES?
- 1 HOW DO YOU CHOOSE BETWEEN DIFFERENT TYPES OF LYFT RIDES?
- 2 LYFT XL (FORMERLY LYFT PLUS)
- 3 LYFT SHARED (FORMALLY LYFT LINE)
- 4 LYFT LUX (FORMALLY LYFT PREMIER)
- 5 LYFT BLACK
- 6 LYFT SCOOTER
- 7 HOW DO LYFT SERVICES COMPARE TO UBER SERVICES?
Lyft provides you few ways through which you can choose your Lyft ride type before you request your ride.
- Before you adjust your pickup location, you can change the ride type by clicking on the icon that is located to the left of the pickup address.
- After you’ve set your pickup location, you can change your ride type by clicking on the image of the car that is located above your credit card information.
LYFT XL (FORMERLY LYFT PLUS)
Lyft XL has the capacity to harbor 6 or more passengers. It’s so because Lyft XL usually include vehicles such as minivans and SUVs. These vehicles thus have the characteristic of transporting luggage and offer services to more number of people.
The cost of Lyft XL is quite higher in comparison to the regular Lyft.
Lyft XL drivers have the authority to accept the ride requests of both regular Lyft and Lyft XL passengers.
LYFT SHARED (FORMALLY LYFT LINE)
Lyft line allows you to share your ride with another person who is unknown to you and therefore, gives you the privilege of splitting the ride amount and at the same time, get the opportunity to socialize.
Requesting a Lyft shared means that the person will be partnered with another Lyft shared user who is also headed towards the similar direction. Along with it, the driver might pick up and drop off other passengers along the way.
The cost of Lyft shared is 60% less than the regular Lyft. It’s so because the cost is split with other passengers.
LYFT LUX (FORMALLY LYFT PREMIER)
It’s a luxury service that was initially launched in Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay area and NYC. The vehicles are usually luxury sedans that include leather interiors such as Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Lincoln, Mercedes and etc.
Like UberSELECT, Lyft LUX is high in cost if compared to other Lyft services.
Lyft LUX service is currently available in cities such as:
- Washington D.C.
- Silicon Valley
- San Diego
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- New Jersey
- Orange County
- New York City
- Las Vegas
It’s the most expensive and luxurious Lyft service that allows only luxury cars that are of model 2011 or newer. The vehicles must also have leather interiors and should be painted black. These vehicles can be compared to UberBLACK and UberSUV.
The drivers of Lyft Black must have an average rating of 4.7 stars or higher. The above rating is in fact higher in comparison to the normal rating of 4.6.
Lyft BLACK services are available in cities like:
- Silicon Valley
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Francisco.
Lyft Scooter service is an electronic scooter rental service that is available in cities like California, Colorado, Denver and Santa Monica. It avails similarity to other scooter companies such as Bird or Lime.
HOW DO LYFT SERVICES COMPARE TO UBER SERVICES?
The services offered by both the companies are similar to each other. However, the only difference lies in the name of the company. If one looks closely, one can say:
- Lyft is similar to UberX.
- UberPOOL is similar to Lyft shared.
- Lyft BLACK and BLACK XL are similar to UberBLACK and Black SUV.
- Lyft XL is similar to UberXL.
- UberSELECT is similar to Lyft LUX.
Insurance is very important as it not only provides you with the protection against unexpected circumstances but also helps you to overcome them financially. To know more, about Lyft services and how insurance play an essential role in it, click here.