Who doesn’t like extra cash? But, the real question is how? How does one earn that? The answer is very simple. Being a Lyft driver gives you the opportunity to earn that cash. However, there’re a few requirements that you’ve to fulfill before you can drive for Lyft i.e, Lyft vehicle inspection.
The primitive motive of Lyft is to ensure the security of its passengers. Therefore, Lyft vehicle inspection is considered as the most important requirement before you start to drive as a Lyft driver. The process is very smooth and simple but if precautions aren’t taken then, the chances of getting to pass
LYFT VEHICLE INSPECTION
After you’ve passed all the driver requirements, you’re only required to fulfill the vehicle necessities. Though some requirements are very straightforward yet, there’re many which could cause trouble. This trouble would ultimately lead you in your rejection of your inspection.
Every new Lyft driver has to get their cars checked by an expert, state licensed mechanic which takes a close look at both the cosmetic and mechanical intricacies of the car. The things that they mostly check are:
However, if you own a new vehicle then, The expert will simply take a VIN of the car and provide you a professional response which will be based on your car’s condition.
LYFT VEHICLE INSPECTION REQUIREMENTS
Like Uber, Lyft drivers are also required to get their vehicles checked at least once a year. But before doing so, it’s advantageous to look for the problems and lost/damaged things for yourself so that the inspection process runs smoothly. It’s also beneficial because you won’t give in to the unnecessary demands made by your mechanic.
You can always opt for going to an auto repair shop if you find any trouble with your car. Also, the most important thing to be remembered is that Lyft basic aim is to safeguard its passengers. Therefore, you should give proper focus towards any security issue in your car.
Lyft drivers can have their vehicle’s annual re-inspection done with no costs involved. Places where you can get free re-inspection are:
- Los Angeles
- Orange County
- San Diego and the surrounding areas.
LYFT INSPECTION COST
Though the process of inspection for Uber and Lyft are very similar in nature but unlike Uber, Lyft’s inspection is not free of cost. You’re obliged to take your vehicle to a licensed mechanic only and have to pay for the same. However, the cost of the inspection differs due to the mechanic but the amount which is generally charged is around $19.99.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Always take your vehicle to a mechanic who focuses on inspections only. This is because the other mechanics would always try to find faults in your car thereby, trying to earn more money.
LYFT INSPECTION FORM FOR REQUESTING A VEHICLE INSPECTION
Before you start searching for places for vehicle inspection, it’s better if you first request for an inspection.
The method for requesting an inspection is very easy as you only have to fill the form that is requested by Lyft. The details include:
- SUBJECT: Your subject of the form should be INSPECTION COMPLETED.
- I AM A(N): Under this, you’ve to mention your designation i.e. APPLICANT.
- QUESTIONS FOR THE APPLICANT : Enter your question here which is CREATE/UPDATE MY DRIVER PROFILE.
- APPLICANT PROFILE UPDATES: Fill this blank with OTHER PROFILE REQUEST.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS: Here, you have to ask them to look over your attached inspection form. Also, request them to add the following form in your profile.
- After you’ve done the above steps, click on the ADD FILE option and subsequently attach your completed Lyft inspection form.
- Click on the option which says that you aren’t a robot.
- Click on the SUBMIT option.
- Afterwards, you’ll receive an email form the Lyft support system.
Though the inspection form requires your signature but, sometimes, it’s accepted by Lyft in spite of the missing signature.
LYFT INSPECTION LOCATIONS
Earlier, Lyft used to accept Uber inspection forms but, now the scenario has totally changed. Since the moment Uber has started with the electronic activation centers and inspection forms which offers a format of certification, Lyft has refused to support them.
In order to get your Lyft vehicle inspected, you’ll be required to pass the Lyft test which consumes 30 minutes of your day. Your Lyft vehicle can be evaluated at places such as:
- Certified mechanic
- Jiffy Lube: It’s a normal brick and mortar business which is often heavily crowded. Due to this, Lyft drivers have to wait a long time for their vehicle inspection.
- Rideshare mechanic: Rideshare mechanic comes under the category of Mobile inspection service. This service is considered as one of the most cheap and easy method to get their vehicle inspected. Through this service, you can get your vehicle inspected over a video chat done through your smart phone. Or, if you prefer, they could come at your place for vehicle inspection.
In Rideshare mechanic, you can have an online video chat inspection. Through that video, you can have your full inspection done of your car no matter where they’re located. Furthermore, through rideshare mechanic, you can get both Uber and Lyft inspection done at once. Getting the inspections done at the same time would cost you less money i.e. $45 in comparison to one inspection which costs $25.
WHAT TO DO IF YOUR CAR DOESN’T PASS AN INSPECTION?
If your car fails in the vehicle inspection, then you must look out for the possible errors. After you’ve corrected those, you can then safely apply for re-inspection. The inspection is an easy and straightforward process so, if your car isn’t able to meet the basic requirements that are needed to pass an inspection then, we sincerely suggest you to overcome those issues and try to maintain the car standards.
CHECKLIST FOR LYFT VEHICLE INSPECTION
Lyft inspection ensures safety of both the riders and driver and therefore, it’s an important part when it comes to being a Lyft driver.
Items which are always checked and covered by the mechanic during the inspection is mentioned below:
- Emergency brake
- Foot brakes
- Front seat adjustments
- Interior/exterior rear-view mirrors
- Muffler/exhaust system
- Rear windshield and remaining glass
- Safety belts foe passengers and driver
- Steering mechanism
- Stop lights
- Tail lights
- Tires and tread depth
- Turn indicator lights
- Windshield wipers
We provide you with all the key points and factors that would help you to sustain a better professional life at work. Along with it, we help you to insure yourself and your family at difficult phases of your life by offering you the best deals in insurance policies.