When you work as an Uber driver, your dedication towards it, directs you to make most of your time. Therefore, it’s obvious that you can easily grow frustrated when you’ve to wait for new riders or experience longer periods of downtime. However, with these few Uber driver tips, you can comfortably consume your free time. These productive things will help you to transform into a better driver-partner and earn more money through better ratings. Also, you’ll be able to create a more enjoyable experience for yourself and the riders that you
UBER DRIVER TIPS (1): CLEAN UP YOUR CAR
- 1 UBER DRIVER TIPS (1): CLEAN UP YOUR CAR
- 2 UBER DRIVER TIPS (2): READ A BOOK
- 3 UBER DRIVER TIPS (3): IMPROVE YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF LOCAL ROUTES
- 4 UBER DRIVER TIPS (4): GET OUT OF YOUR CAR AND STRETCH
- 5 UBER DRIVER TIPS (5): TRY MEDITATION
- 6 UBER DRIVER TIPS (6): GET AN INSURANCE
- 7 UBER DRIVER TIPS (7): EDUCATE YOURSELF
- 8 UBER DRIVER TIPS(8): PURCHASE NECESSARY SUPPLIES
- We can understand that cleaning your car every time a passenger leaves isn’t your favorite task of the day. However, if you’ve to go through long duration of time between completing a route and waiting for a new request, it’s wise to boost up your cleaning habit.
- Cleaning every day gives you the opportunity to examine for the lost items that previous riders might have left/be looking for.
- Always carry cleaning wipes on hand to quickly go over door handles and panels and dust out floor mats that might contain dirt. This enhances your rider experience and increases your chance for a better rating.
UBER DRIVER TIPS (2): READ A BOOK
When you’re waiting for a passenger, you can also spend your time reading a book. In addition to it, instead of wasting your money on buying books, you can borrow them from the library and return after reading them. Books have been an excellent source of providing knowledge since many decades. There’re thousands of books that vary from genre to kind to age. Also, with the coming of e-books, one can now easily read on phone and learn about the world.
UBER DRIVER TIPS (3): IMPROVE YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF LOCAL ROUTES
- Possessing a complete knowledge of the city routes and directions will gain you more ratings: You can effortlessly choose different routes that lead to less or no traffic and simultaneously reach your destination in a small period of time. Thus, you’ll be able to provide the best experience for your rider as you don’t need to exclusively rely on your GPS.
- Also, while driving it’s wise if you pay close attention to the street and neighborhood names. Through thorough repetition, your mind will start to retain more information of your surroundings and help you to drive effectively.
- Furthermore, there’ll be less utilization of the phone if you purchase paper maps. And also, you can study those maps during your downtime. Depending upon your learning capacity, you can also take notes or mark up specific places on your map.
UBER DRIVER TIPS (4): GET OUT OF YOUR CAR AND STRETCH
Sitting reclined in your car-seat at all times can make your lower back feel compressed. Therefore, it’s effective to do some stretching in your free time. Stretches are extremely potent and in due course, you may experience less pain in your legs and back. Stretching involves benefits such as:
- Your blood circulation will improve.
- You’ll be able to earn more money.
- Helps to release pain from your legs and back.
- There’s release of endorphins and stuff.
- You’ll be able to concentrate more while driving.
However, You may feel sweaty and smelly after you exercise. To avoid such situations, you should do exercises like:
- Yoga: You just need to carry a yoga mat for exercising yoga.
- Lunges: A set of 10 (forward and backward).
- Dumbbells: They’re available in different sizes and are easy to fit.
- Push-ups: You can do them until you feel exhausted/mentally relaxed.
UBER DRIVER TIPS (5): TRY MEDITATION
Working according to your own schedule is a dream come true. Being an Uber driver thus gives us an opportunity to realize this dream. Howbeit, this dream can slowly turn into a nightmare if you start deutilizing this opportunity by neglecting your needs in favor of continuing the work and earn money. Therefore, there’s no harm in taking a break while you’re waiting on your next rider.
Meditation will help you to relax and calm your nerves and senses and you can easily do that in your free time. You just have to close your eyes, giving a little rest to both your eyes and mind. Then, take deep breaths till the counting of 1-100. Meditation will help you to work long hours without any tiredness and helps you to focus more on your work.
UBER DRIVER TIPS (6): GET AN INSURANCE
Meeting an accident can never be certain and voluntary. However, you may be certain about the long process of paying medical bills. To prevent yourself from endangering your life and your car, you must get Uber insurance.
Insurance not only covers your medical expenses that could occur due to accident/other situations but it can also prevent your wallet from being robbed due to the car damaged expenses.
UBER DRIVER TIPS (7): EDUCATE YOURSELF
After reading the above tips, we can now safely assume that you’ve understood the importance of having a good knowledge about cities routes. However, there’re other things as well that will improve you professionally and personally.
While you’re at work, you can bring along an audio-book to listen in order to enhance your learning. Also, look into language CDs that you can practice along in your waiting time. Furthermore, you can tune into podcasts and get news, stories and fresh ideas to inspire yourself and in-tune inform more thoughtful conversations with your passengers.
UBER DRIVER TIPS(8): PURCHASE NECESSARY SUPPLIES
It’s very important to stock your car with supplies such as bottled water, tissues, cleaning supplies, and more. They may not be necessary but it could provide your customers a good riding experience.
Along with it, Knowledge of your city will also help. You can easily go over to a convenience/drugstore when you are short of anything and you’ve a little free time in your hands.
We can always find something or the other to do in our free time that is productive and fulfilling. Furthermore, earnings shouldn’t be the main focus of every day’s prospect. For more information, contact us.