- 1 INTRODUCTION
- 1.1 UBER DRIVER TIPS (1): IMPROVE YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF LOCAL ROUTES
- 1.2 UBER DRIVER TIPS (2): CLEAN UP YOUR CAR
- 1.3 UBER DRIVER TIPS (3): PURCHASE NECESSARY SUPPLIES
- 1.4 UBER DRIVER TIPS (4): TRY MEDITATION
- 1.5 UBER DRIVER TIPS (5): EDUCATE YOURSELF
- 1.6 UBER DRIVER TIPS (6): GET OUT OF YOUR CAR AND STRETCH
- 1.7 UBER DRIVER TIPS (7): READ A BOOK
- 1.8 UBER DRIVER TIPS (8): GET AN INSURANCE
- 2 LAST NOTE
Since you work as an Uber driver, your dedication towards your work leads you to make the most of your time and therefore, you can easily grow frustrated when you have to wait for new riders or experience longer periods of downtime. However, with these few Uber driver tips, you can comfortably fill your free time with productive things that can convert as well as help you become a better driver-partner, earn better ratings and create a more enjoyable experience for yourself and the riders that you
UBER DRIVER TIPS (1): IMPROVE YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF LOCAL ROUTES
- Having the knowledge of the city routes like the back of your hand will help you provide the best experience for your rider as you don’t need to exclusively rely on your GPS. You can effortlessly choose different routes or path that lead to less or no traffic and simultaneously reach your destination in a small period of time.
- Furthermore, by purchasing paper maps you can keep your phone less activated and can study those maps during your downtime. Depending upon your learning capacity, you can also take notes or mark up specific places on your map.
- Also, when you drive, pay close attention to the street and neighborhood names as through thorough repetition, your mind will start to retain more and more information of your surroundings.
UBER DRIVER TIPS (2): CLEAN UP YOUR CAR
- It’s impossible to clean your car every time a passenger leaves. However, if you experience extended periods of time between completing a route and waiting for a new request, it’s wise to step up to your cleaning habit.
- Always carry cleaning wipes on hand to quickly go over door handles and panels and shake out floor mats that might contain dirt. This enhances your rider experience and increases your chance for a better rating.
- Cleaning regularly also, gives you a chance to check out for the lost items that previous riders might be looking for.
UBER DRIVER TIPS (3): PURCHASE NECESSARY SUPPLIES
- You can improvise the experience of your rider by keeping a stock of items such as bottled water, tissues, cleaning supplies and more.
- Restock your supplies while you’re close to a convenience or a drugstore so as to avoid unnecessary fuel wastage.
UBER DRIVER TIPS (4): TRY MEDITATION
Working according to your own schedule is a dream come true. Being an Uber driver gives us an opportunity to realize our dream. Howbeit, the downfall of this dream is the chance you might take that leads to the neglecting of your needs in favor of continuing the work and earn money. Taking a break is a productive use of your time while you’re waiting on your next rider.
Trying meditation in your little free time might help you to relax and calm your nerves and senses. You just have to close your eyes, giving a little rest to them as well and then, take deep breaths to the counting of 1-100. Meditation will help you to work long hours without any tiredness and helps you to focus more on your work.
UBER DRIVER TIPS (5): EDUCATE YOURSELF
Additionally, studying from maps and getting a more clear knowledge of the city is fantastic, however, there are other things that will improve you professionally and personally and those are the things that you should take in consideration.
While you are at work, you can bring along an audio-book to listen to and thereby learn. Also, look into language CDs that you can practice along with when rider request volume is low. Furthermore, you can tune into podcasts and get news, stories and fresh ideas to inspire yourself and in-tune inform more thoughtful conversations with your passengers.
UBER DRIVER TIPS (6): GET OUT OF YOUR CAR AND STRETCH
Spending hours with your butt glued to the seat of your car can make your lower back feel compressed or destroyed. It’s effective to do some stretching in times where you don’t have a rider to drive for. Stretches are extremely effective and in due course you may find that your back and legs hurt a lot less. Stretching calls for many benefits such as:
- Increased blood circulation
- Increased focus on the road
- Alleviates and prevents back and leg pain
- Releases endorphins “and stuff”
- Increased earnings by driving longer
However, exercising and stretching do make a person sweaty and smelly. To prevent yourself being covered in sweat, you should do exercises like:
- Lunges: Do ten forward and ten backward.
- Push-ups: Do enough to get the blood flowing and to think more clearly.
- Dumbbells: You can get varying sizes that work for various exercises. They are a good fit because they don’t take up too much space in the trunk and are very adaptable.
- Yoga: It would be good to do in parks and stuff. Also, it’s easy to store a yoga mat almost anywhere in a car.
UBER DRIVER TIPS (7): READ A BOOK
Reading book also fits well with the time when you are waiting for a passenger. In addition to it, you don’t have to spend your money to gain knowledge through books. You can easily borrow them from the library and return after reading them. Books have been an excellent source of providing knowledge since many decades. There are thousands of books that vary from genre to kind to age. Also, with the coming of e-books, one can now easily read on phone and learn about the world.
UBER DRIVER TIPS (8): GET AN INSURANCE
Meeting an accident can never be certain and voluntary. However, you may be certain about the long process of paying medical bills. To prevent yourself from endangering your life and your car. you must get Uber insurance.
Insurance not only covers your medical expenses in an accident but it also prevents your wallet from being robbed due to the car damaged expenses.
If we find other things to do with our time that are productive or fulfilling, we can get a lot more out of this gig. Uber and Lyft shouldn’t be the determinant of whether we have a good day or not. By taking our focus away from constantly searching for rides, we may find that we are in a better mood to drive and actually earn more money. For more information, contact us.